Senior Grounds Operatives
37 hours per week
£23,194 – £25,409 (£12.02 per hour – £12.93 per hour)
CLOSING DATE: 30 May 2023
Salisbury City Council have an exciting opportunity to lead a grounds maintenance team..
Salisbury City Council own and maintain parks and green spaces within the parish of Salisbury. We are proud of the service which we provide and the high standard of grounds maintenance which we deliver.
Do you have experience in grounds maintenance? If so, this exciting and rewarding position could be for you!
This role will involve managing a group of 5 Operatives and working closely with the team to carryout grounds maintenance tasks within the Salisbury parish.
A Senior Grounds Operative will carry out some grounds operative tasks but also manage a group of around 5 Grounds Operatives.
Grounds Operative will do a variety of tasks, including:
• Hedge trimming
• Sports pitch marking
We are looking for someone who:
• Enjoys working outdoors
• Is excellent at getting results through other people and managing a team
• Has a full driving licence
In return we can offer you:
• A great place to work, our last staff survey (December) told us that 97% enjoy working for the Council and have sufficient variety to keep their job interesting
• Generous annual leave entitlement, starting at 30 days plus Bank Holidays.
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Paid sick leave
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to have a chat about the role please call Mostyn Coombes on 07849084673 (available for calls between 8am – 3pm Monday – Friday)
For a copy of the job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from people who are underrepresented in this team including women, people of colour and LGBT identities.
We reserve the right to close the job, earlier than the closing date advertised, if we have had sufficient applications, so would suggest an early application
In your application can you cover how you meet the following essential criteria, this will be used to determine if we can offer you an interview:
• Experience in grounds maintenance work
• Operating equipment and machines for instance tractors or ride on mowers
• Knowledge of safe operation of expensive grounds equipment such as mechanical mowers or tractors
• An understanding of gardening and landscaping practises
• A good understanding of health and safety
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Identify and implement appropriate H&S practices
• Operating machinery and equipment
• Ability to weed/dig and carryout manual work
• Capable of assessing everyday problems and finding solutions to them
• A full driving licence
• Work as part of a team
• Effective problem solver
• Friendly and approachable manor
• Flexible to carry out a range of tasks
• Work to high standards achieving green spaces the city can be proud of
• Willingness to work outdoors in all conditions carrying out a range of grounds maintenance tasks