The following play areas are now open in the city:
Queen Elizabeth Gardens
Maltings (town centre)
Parsonage Green (Harnham)
Western Way Toddlers
Victoria Park, Churchill Gardens and Queen Elizabeth Gardens are currently being regularly sanitised once a week on a Monday morning.
All other SCC play areas which have been listed as open have received a one off clean before opening, but will not be cleaned/sanitised on a regular basis. It’s recommended that people bring their own hand sanitiser when using the play areas.
Please remember to follow these guidelines when visiting our parks:
• If you or a member of your household has any of the following symptoms please do not enter the play area (high temperature, new and persistent cough, loss of taste or smell)
• Always practice social distancing in line with Government guidance and ensure that your child also does so. If you cannot do this because of the numbers of people already within the play area and/or using individual pieces of play equipment, you should wait until enough space becomes available.
• Please try to only have one parent, guardian or carer with each child to limit the possible spread of infection
• During busy periods please limit your use of the play area to 20 minutes
• Consider use of a face covering but please be aware that Government Guidance is that they should not be used by children under the age of 3 or by those who may find it difficult to manage them. Disposable face coverings and gloves cannot be recycled, therefore any used protective wear and all litter should be disposed of properly by parents, guardians or carers, in litter bins or taking it home where a bin is not provided.
• Please wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before and after visiting this area and bring hand sanitiser gel or wipes to clean children’s hands. Children, parents, guardians and carers are advised not to touch their faces, and only to cough or sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available. Do not put your hands into your mouth or put your mouth on any of the play equipment, gates, fences or railings, etc.
• Consider wiping or cleansing play equipment before your child uses it.
• Consumption of food or drink on play equipment or within the playground area is banned.