Council meetings are open to all. Members of the public are very welcome and encouraged to attend meetings.
The Planning Committee considers:
The City Council’s role is that of a statutory consultee, with no powers to ‘call in’ applications. Please contact your unitary councillor or a Wiltshire Council Planning Officer with any planning queries you may have.
- To comment on planning applications received from the local planning authority
- To comment on behalf of the Council on Local Plans, Structure Plans, Mineral Plans, Waste Plans, Regional Plans and any other Plan or Studies as considered appropriate
- To comment on Licensing matters
- Street naming when requested
- Highways and street furniture when requested
- Any other matter which may be delegated to it by the Council from time to time
Salisbury City Council will enter a ‘no comment’ response to applications which lie wholly within one or more of the following classes, unless a representation or letter of objection has been received from a member of the public or a Councillor or member of the public would like to speak on a particular application:
- Domestic 1 story rear extensions less than 4 metres
- Domestic 1 & 2 storey extensions which project no further than the building line of the immediately adjacent buildings
- Domestic 1 storey side extensions greater than 1 metre from side boundary
- Domestic porches
This statement was agreed on 3 July 2017.
|Conservative:||Cllrs J King, C Hibbert, M Mewse, E Wills|
|Labour:||Cllrs T Corbin*, I Tomes|
|Liberal Democrats:||Cllrs A Bayliss, C Stanway|
|Independent:||Cllr A Riddle**|
* Chairman **Vice Chairman