Jointly funded by Salisbury City Council and Salisbury BID, Salisbury CCTV has been operating the CCTV system since September 2018, when the system was passed from Wiltshire Council to Salisbury City Council.
A team of volunteers monitor the CCTV system at key times in the communications hub inside the CCTV control room at Bourne Hill.
CCTV cameras in the system are operated in a manner that will secure their consistent effectiveness in the following aims:
- Reduce the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour
- Deter and assist in the detection of crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Improve the safety and security of residents, visitors and the business community.
- Facilitate the prosecution by providing evidence of offenders in both crime and public order offences.
- Promote and facilitate close partnership working with all other agencies involved in such activities.
Salisbury's public spaces CCTV are operated to the highest professional standards and follows the Surveillance Camera Code of Practice.
Salisbury CCTV Code of Practice is available on request.
Salisbury City Council are seeking volunteers to monitor and operate the new state-of-the-art digital CCTV and radio system.
To enquire about volunteering as a CCTV Operator and for further information, please contact Richard Goodman on 07849088205 or Rgoodman@salisburycitycouncil.gov.uk
For general CCTV enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org