Our Communities Team work with members of the Salisbury community to design and deliver a range of activities and services to connect people, improve their wellbeing and build a stronger community now and for the future.
We take an asset-based approach to Community development, which means that we take time to meet and listen to individuals, groups of residents and local organisations to find where the passion, skills, ideas and resources in our community can come together to make change.
We also look at how we can be an asset to the community, in particular by using the city council’s community centres and green spaces a places to….
- Improve people’s wellbeing
- Bring communities together
- Improve opportunities for young people
- Improve access to active lifestyles
- Support people on low incomes
- Improve understanding of marginalized communities