Thursday 07 July 2022
We are on the look-out for a Salisbury Place Brand Management Specialist!
Salisbury Place Brand Management Specialist Needed
This exciting opportunity involves leading on the implementation of the Traditional Original brand (www.traditionaloriginal.com) and the delivery of the Strategic Place Plan.
This project will involve close working relationships with partners through the Salisbury Place Partnership and the Salisbury ‘Experience’ Pillar working group.
The overall objective is to deliver a curated, consistent and coherent set of brand activities making Salisbury a stand-out city to live, work, invest and visit.
The Project: The Traditional Original positioning is delivered through the brand experience led by Salisbury Place Brand Manager (s) Tasks to include:
- Take ownership of the Strategic Place Plan – ‘2022-2025’.
- Provide executive support for the Chair of the Experience Pillar
- Identify and apply for new funding streams to maximise all Place Brand opportunities, as they arise.
- Work closely with the key strategic partners, aligning and maximising all of Salisbury’s place brand activities.
- Work with Salisbury’s partners driving and supporting the delivery of a curated, consistent and coherent set of brand activities.
- Oversee the narrative and communications on city-wide initiatives and develop relationships with national media.
- Work closely with local and regional Cultural Partners to support the revised cultural strategy
- Develop and manage the marketing and communications delivery plan – ensuring a consistent, clear, on brand message.
- Develop and manage the wider ‘Visitor Economy’, working with Experience Salisbury / Visit Wiltshire and key destination partners and shaping the travel trade strategy.
- Develop a data dashboard for Salisbury to track KPI’s from the Place Plan
- Manage the budget and all reporting requirements.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong influencing skills
- An understanding of place management and national policy on economic development and placemaking
- Previous experience of securing public funding / attracting sponsorship
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A highly collaborative approach to partnership working
- A strong delivery mindset, comfortable working with stretching KPI’s
This is an initial 1 year contract with the potential to extend, budgets permitting.
This is a complex and demanding project, working with multiple stakeholders and we are looking for an experienced individual(s) who can advise and shape our thinking in a collaborative way with partners.
There are regular meetings of the Place Partnership Board and the Experience Pillar so proximity to Salisbury will be a significant advantage as the contract does not allow for travel and expenses.
We anticipate that the project will require a minimum commitment of 1 day per week for 12 months, this may not be a specifically allocated day and we would welcome proposals where monthly hours are used as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Expressions for interest:
Please send 250 words on why this opportunity is of interest, a brief resume which highlights the relevant skills and attributes and the proposed day rates / annual fee for you or your organisation.
Closing date for applications of interest 22 July 2022
Expressions of interest should be sent to email@example.com