Thursday 28 September 2023
Become a Councillor and make a change in your community
An election of a City Councillor is to be held for the area of Salisbury Harnham West ward.
Becoming a Councillor is a rewarding experience and will give you the opportunity to make a real difference in your local area and help improve the lives of residents. The role can include helping with problems, coming up with ideas, working with local community groups and making and reviewing decisions.
To stand for election for the role of City Councillor in Salisbury Harnham West ward you will first need to obtain a nomination paper from the Returning Officer. This can be found at the following places:
• Electoral Commission website: www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-or-agent/parish-council-elections-england
• Main Reception at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN
• Main Reception at The Council House, Bourne Hill, Salisbury SP1 3UZ
• Main Reception at Council Offices, Monkton Park, Chippenham SN15 1ER
• By telephoning Wiltshire Electoral Services on 0300 456 0112.
This will then need to be hand delivered to the Returning Officer, or his appointed staff at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, Bourne Hill, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 3UZ on any day after the date of the notice, on working days from Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm (excluding bank holidays) but no later than 4pm on Friday, 6th October 2023.
If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 2nd November 2023.