Wednesday 05 October 2022
Become a Councillor and make a change in your community
An election of a City Councillor is to be held for the area of Salisbury St Paul’s ward.
Becoming a Councillor is a rewarding experience and will give you the opportunity to make a real difference in your local area and help improve the lives of residents. The role can include helping with problems, coming up with ideas, working with local community groups and making and reviewing decisions.
To stand for election for the role of City Councillor in Salisbury St Paul’s ward you will first need to obtain a nomination paper from the Returning Officer. This can be found at:
• Electoral Commission website at: https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-or-agent/parish-council-elections-england
• Main Reception at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN
• Main Reception at The Council House, Bourne Hill, Salisbury SP1 3UZ
• Main Reception at Council Offices, Monkton Park, Chippenham SN15 1ER
• By telephoning Wiltshire Electoral Services on 0300 456 0112. This will then need to be hand delivered to the Returning Officer or his appointed Electoral Staff (not Reception Staff) at The Main Reception, The Council House, Wiltshire Council, Bourne Hill, Salisbury, SP1 3UZ.
Please make an appointment to submit your nomination papers here https://ilforms.wiltshire.gov.uk/BookingsElectionCandidateSlot/Index or by phoning Electoral Services on 0300 456 0112. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 3rd November 2022.