Flood Wardens provide a link between the local community, emergency services and Wiltshire Council.
They give real time information about flood conditions in the event of a flood.
There are currently 22 Flood Wardens with a Councillor who is the Flood Co-Ordinator.
Salisbury City Council is seeking Flood Wardens for the City.
View the PDFs below for more information on the Flood Warden training which would be provided.
Before a Flood
• Understand flood risk within their local area
• Identify properties at risk of flooding
• Identify vulnerable individuals
• Attend flood plan training and exercises
• Help raise flood awareness
• Assist with the recruitment of Flood Wardens
During a Flood
• Prioritise their own safety at all times
• Follow procedures set out in their Flood Plan
• Relay information to the local community
• Follow guidance from the emergency services at all times
• Provide the emergency services with local knowledge and information
• Collect information about the flood
After a Flood
• Submit information they have collected about the flood
• Help to relay information to the local community